Handling Tribunal Claims
For HR Managers or Line Managers who will be involved in the Employment Tribunal processes. The workshop can be adapted to cover a full day, half day or provided as individual coaching sessions for managers faced with a tribunal appearance in the near future.
By the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key issues to consider before any claim is issued to protect the Company’s position
- Draft the Tribunal Response form ET3 – knowing what to include and what to leave out
- Carry out good case preparation
- Manage claims through the Case Management Discussion process
- Understand negotiation issues (including mediation); compromise agreements – when to consider settling and a guide to achieving agreement.
- Prepare witness statements and the content of a good trial bundle
- Prepare for the hearing, briefing witnesses.
- Know how to deliver evidence, understand cross examination and re-examination of witnesses
- Know how an Employment Tribunal approaches the hearing of a case. What do they want to know?
- Understand schedules of loss – unfair dismissal compensation: contributory fault, duty to mitigate and Polkey, general principles, future losses, wrongful dismissal, benefits and allowances, recoupment, tax
- Estimate possible additional remedies in discrimination cases: personal injury and injury to feelings