Introducing Performance Reviews
Half Day / Optional Day to Cover Appraisal Interviewing Skills
This is a half-day workshop aimed at covering the key elements of Performance reviews – effectively a best practice guide on how to set up systems and appraise staff. The half-day option focuses on the process, (ie. How to.) rather than the “softer” skills required for the actual interviews themselves. The course can be extended to include this if required, including role-play work and video programme.
- The purpose of reviewing performance
- Aims and benefits of all involved
- Link to Business objectives
- Assessing performance – some options
- Designing documentation keeping it simple
- Preparing to Appraise performance
- Conducting the meeting – objective setting
- Good performers – link to reward?
- Poor performers – link to discipline?
- What next – follow up process