How to Improve your Attendance Levels
This is a highly participative Workshop which will provide delegates with over thirty practical examples of measures that can be adopted to reduce absence and turnover. Time is spent investigating the true cost to your company; how to monitor and measure absence; and finally how to tackle problems.
Case studies highlight the key elements of dealing with both short term and long term absentees, (including dismissal) as well as reviewing how the Disability Discrimination Act is now impacting on this area.
The course also deals with “Return to Work” interviews for staff, and provides guidance on how to introduce an effective policy. There will also be a best practice review on handling stress related absences. A programme outline below:
- Calculating the costs of absence
- Investigating the causes
- What can you do – the role of Managers, Line Managers and HR
- Dealing with the problem cases – long term absence and persistence absenteeism. Stress related ill health
- The disciplinary process – formal or informal? Capability or Conduct?
- Disability Discrimination – an outline of the Law and the Employers duties
- Dismissal – fair or unfair?