Workplace Stress – The Business Issues
This unique one day event covers legal issues and employers liability as well as providing practical guidance on recognising and dealing with employee stress.
Stress in the workplace is now an important issue for all employers. Stress is now cited as the second most common reason for staff absence. Recent case law has made it clear that you cannot afford to ignore the subject – the risk are clear, the financial implications are serious.
The Health and Safety Executive are considering the introduction of a Code of Practice on stress – employers need to be aware of the issues. A programme outline is shown below:
- Exploring the Causes of Stress in Organisations
- Pressure or Stress?
- The Business Risks – Costs to the Employer, The Legal Position, Disability Discrimination, Personal Injury Claims, Case Law
- Strategies for the Organisation and the Individual
- Monitoring Stress Levels – risk assessment
- The Health and Safety Executive – Management standards and latest guidelines